Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Year 1 complete!


It was bittersweet packing up my studio at school this weekend. I'm happy that I get a summer break to reflect on everything I've learned, but shocked that the first year is over already. I am so grateful for all the great things that have happened this year, and I absolutely love the Academy and I'm proud to be part of the community.

I have an extreme summer ahead of me. I'm pleased to announce that I was selected as a recipient of the Terra Foundation Artist Residency in Giverny, France.. I fly out to Paris for a few days in August, and will spend 2 weeks in Giverny. I will blog about my experience when I return. But before that, I'm making a stop in Kansas to see old friends and family and then heading to Lima, Peru. Michael and I, plus 2 friends will be doing a five day hike in the mountains to Machu Piccu, followed by a cultural tour of Lake Titicaca. I will post pics when I get back at the end of June. Until then, here are some random photos/highlights from the past semester. 


What a real scapula looks like...


Very cool studio visit with J.P. Roy, one of my painting professors 


wigs n beards



The boy and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary :D 


Painting on chairs with friends! 



My first Tribeca Ball !! 


"Molt", a new piece that sold the night of the ball.


Nico, being Nico.


Will Cotton, this year's commencement speaker! Congrats to the extremely talented class of 2012, we will miss you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment