Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a short-lived case of the blues

image from homesick clothing

michael was away again this past weekend in virginia. although i miss him, i do value alone time. depending on my mood, i can be productive without distraction, or quite the opposite, i can vegetate without feeling guilty. luckily, i got to spend some time with my new found girlfriend, amanda. i got to telling her about me, before meeting michael. you now how girls do,.. sharing old photos, funny stories, etc. during that evening i realized that nobody here knows me prior to my romance with michael. kind of cool if you want to change identities i guess. but it was a small realization that kind of got me bummed for about a 24 hour period. it was almost as if it hadn't hit me until this day: i changed my life ...and my lifestyle. in efforts to comfort me, M asked me to list the things i miss the most. but it's not so black and white. i could individually select 'things' but i don't have that kind of time. if i summed it all up.. i miss the "state of mind." this is nothing against wichita. i like it here. and i think i've adjusted well. i think it takes time to nest into a new place you want to call 'home." just a small case of the blues in facing reality. nothing a little upbeat hipster single can't cure.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty lady. We miss you more than you will ever know. What are you doing for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time M leaves for a weekend can you PLEASE drive here?! I'm sure you won't get lost! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are amazing, and I am glad to hear u made friends with another Amanda :o)I miss you oodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are very much missed, Lady! Please come visit soon and we'll have ourselves a good old time dress-up and photo session

    ReplyDelete