Friday, October 16, 2009

out and about


oh yeah, baby. before michael's departure, we had a weekend breakfast get-together with some of his extended family. and i got my golden corral cherry popped. for those, like me, who had never even seen a golden corral before... it's a really, really big all-you-can-eat buffet. the rolls are made with buttery awesomeness, the variety of meals is endless, the general consumer is more than averagely overweight usually with 4+ children (who, might i add, do NOT obtain table manners), and the dining experience will unclog your pipes pretty fast, if you know what i mean. and the "ice cream" is fantastic.
--
in other news, i had my first real night out in the bars of wichita. i met up with my new girlfriend and her posse in a bar that looked like it came from brooklyn. kids with tattoos wearing plaid, pool tables, pbr. i will most likely be going back there. after a few drinks, she then wanted to take me to the other "hipster bar". haha, there's only 2! maybe 3. it's endearing. there we found more pool tables, more customers, and an ipod playlist that consisted of music from popular indie films. then, out of nowhere, the waitress brings me a glowy green type drink called "martian piss". it was supposed to be a shot, but looked more like a double or triple. she said it was from a guy at the end of the bar, and that he insisted we all take the shot together since he bought the whole staff one as well. i was so flattered! i chatted him up for a bit, before dropping the "i moved here for my boyfriend" story.
--
tomorrow i am going to volunteer at "the midwest beerfest". woo-hoo! that story to come...

3 comments:

  1. There has been a Golden Coral in Monroeville for at least 5 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I was just gonna say that. It's RIGHT down the street from where I used to live. Like kaddy corner from Sheetz... oh Sheetz... how I miss thee. But yeah, I think Chichis used to be there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Amanda and you went to the Golden Coral with you 2 BFF's Terra and Jessica.

    ReplyDelete